Mahjong Time is pleased to announce the public release of its EON 2.3 Beta.
For the last few months, we have been very busy improving the appearance and the performance of the game. We have named this release ‘2.3 Beta - Action Menu’ because the most striking feature of this release is redesigned action menu that players use to call pass, pong, mahjong, tsumo, etc. and now it is ready for thorough testing and scrutiny. We are searching for honest, sharp opinions from knowledgeable people like you in order to tell us what we are doing wrong and, hopefully, what we are doing right. We want to build something that players will love to use as much as we are enjoying in building it, as simple as that!
The key features of EON 2.3 Beta release:
The new menu replaces the call buttons at the bottom of the screen with a streamlined and intuitive new pop-up menu. The new menu naturally speeds up games without compromising functionality, and does not block view of the table, allowing for a more zoomed-in immersive experience.
The new menu also features a move timer that is presented as light dust draining from the call menu. This dust provides at-glance information to players about how much time is left in their turn to move. Moveover, the new menu frees up more room on the screen, which will allow for a more realistic, unobstructed view of the table during the game.
This update allows the game to be played solely by using your keyboard alone!
The list of keyboard shortcuts:
- Activate Keyboard - Mouse click on the table
- Deactivate Keyboard - Mouse click on action menu deactivates the keyboard shortcuts
- Spacebar - pass or discard a tile from your hand
- Enter - claim Chow, Pung, Mahjong(to claim a self Mahjong/Kong or Riichi use Up Arrow first to switch the focus from your hand to the action menu)
- Left and Right Arrows - Select appropriate action menu options(Chow, Pung, Kong, Mahjong) or select a tile to discard
- Down Arrow - places cursor in middle of your hand. If the focus is on Action menu then middle arrow will place the focus to your hand. So, you can select a tile to discard.
- Charleston - Underlined letters and numbers in menus and dialog boxes options correspond with the keyboard keys you must press in order to emulate mouse clicking of the same menu item or dialog box option.
- E - Underlined letter “E” is the Enter key on your keyboard. Enter key is used during the charlston to exchange tiles
- Y/N - Y and N keys on your keyboard are used to say yes or no to the next charlston
- 0/1/2/3 - Numbers from 0 to 3 are used to declare the number of tiles you will be changing during the pass across
- MCR -
0/1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 - Numbers from 0 to 8 on your keyboard are used specify the number of flowers to be replaced.
Flowers - Select a flower tile and then use arrow keys to discard or replace the flower tile.
Game View Presets
Mahjong Time players can currently use the CTRL button on the keyboard along with the mouse to move the camera around the table to change the point of view. The upcoming introduction of view presets will present players with pre-calculated vantage point options with optimal game play view and realism.
Mahjong Time has always been committed to making Mahjong Time as life-like as possible. We are very proud of the addition of this update to our EON software - complimenting its beautiful graphics, with an intuitive and dynamic user interface for controlling the game.